Are Virtual Conferences a Win for Exhibitors?
The Skillfluence team have prepped their virtual booth for our first virtual conference – 4 days exhibiting at Vitae Connections!
We’ve spent the last 6 months adapting our training to deliver all of our programmes online and have reached over 1,000 researchers in that time (hear more at our Vitae Fringe Event – free to all!), but how will we find our first online conference exhibitor experience?
We love meeting people at conferences, whether through our participation in workshops, poster sessions or ‘standing by’ our booth – greeting friends, customers and starting new discussions – they’re always fruitful…but how will that work online we wonder?
We have our virtual booth stocked up with fantastic clickable opportunities, from a special delegate discount code for future bookings, to a newsletter sign up (like the business card goldfish bowl) and leaflets galore! But we’re certainly not leaving it at that without the draw of free food to create passing trade! We’re making the most of all of the opportunities on offer:
- Exhibitor and Round Table discussions – Alison will be letting delegates know what we’re up and where to virtually find us over the four days (in 3 mins!) – Monday 14th September, 1.30pm.
- Zach will be hosting the Skillfluence workshop on “Enterprise and Impact through Industry Engagement” – 17th September, 10.15am.
- We have a poster on our “Live MultiMind Challenge model” as part of the On Demand section.
- We’re working the Bizzabo app and arranging meetings with the delegate community.
- We have scheduled times to be stationed at our virtual booth throughout the event – please call by and see us in our Zoom room!
If you’re reading this and are not planning on attending the conference, don’t worry! We have a Fringe event open to all – the next instalment of our CPD webinar series for the Researcher Developer Community will take place on 16th September, 2.00 – 3.00pm – book now! Alison will be hosting a session describing what we’ve learned through the transition to fully online training over the last 6 months with guests Charlotte Kerr (Durham University) and Dr Jamie Gallagher, Impact and Engagement Specialist.
The Skillfluence team would love to reconnect with friends and colleagues as well as make new connections – hope to see you through one of these routes or you could just email us at email@example.com any time you like!